

## **Minutes Financial General Member Meeting**

---

Date: Monday 13 September 2021

Speaker: Anna Bos

Minute taker: Imke Janssen

Present: Sam Helmink, Elsze van den Wittenboer, Klaas Kant, Lieke Verhoofstad, Max Ploemen, Thijs Buisman, Renée Christophe, Dylan Zeevaart, Niek van de Minkelis + 33rd board

Total number of people present: 15

---

### **Agenda**

1. Opening
  2. Setting the agenda
  3. Approval of minutes General Member Meeting 8 July
  4. Announcements
- 
5. Updates
  6. Evaluation Orientation Week
  7. Evaluation Unlimited at the Waagh
  8. Evaluation Committee Market
  9. Financial Report '20- '21
  10. Vote on Financial Report '20- '21
  11. Resignation of the Treasurer of the thirty-second board & Treasurer of the thirty-third board taking office
  12. Resignation of Till Committee '20- '21
  13. Introduction of Till Committee '21- '22
  14. Vote on Till Committee '21- '22
  15. Financial Report '21- '22
  16. Vote on Financial Report '21- '22
  17. W.C.T.M.
  18. Question round
  19. Closing

### **Opening**

Anna opens the meeting at 7.08 pm. Anna welcomes everyone to the General Member Meeting.

### **Setting the agenda**

The agenda points 12. Resignation of Till Committee '20- '21, 13. Introduction of Till Committee '21- '22 and 14. Vote on Till Committee '21- '22, were added to the agenda. Additionally, the evaluation of the Information Session International Committee was changed to the evaluation of Unlimited at the Waagh. After that, the agenda was approved.

### **Approval of minutes General Member Meeting 8 July**

Total number of voters: 9 + 6 (15 in total)

Vote in favour: 9

Vote against: 0

Blanc vote: 0

Withhold: 6

The minutes are hereby approved.

### **Announcements**

Job Coehorst is taking office as Treasurer in this meeting.

Anna lists the authorisations:

- Alyce Hoeben authorises Lieke Verhoofstad;
- Maud Weijers authorises Renée Christophe;
- Quirijn Somers authorises Elsze van den Wittenboer.

### **Updates**

#### *Ski Trip*

I would like to start with the Ski Trip. We are still uncertain if the Ski Trip can take place. The university does not know if we can go, regarding the current situation. We have talked with the faculty board, and they were actually not aware of the situation we were in regarding the contract with HUSK.

*Max:* What is stated in the contract with HUSK if we cannot go?

*Anna:* We have to pay 4000 euros when we cancel the Ski Trip. However, the university will probably pay for it. José and Noortje will talk with Ward Kelder to see what options we have.

*Max:* How many percent of the total amount will the university pay?

*Nathan:* The university will pay the 4000 euros. The university will take full responsibility for this.

*Dylan:* What will you do with the Sports Committee when there is no Ski Trip?

*Anna:* We have not talked about that yet. We want to be sure about the Ski Trip before we think about that.

#### *Prom*

Job is still trying to find another study association to organise the Prom with. We have contacted quite a lot of study associations. However, we have no other associations who want to organise it with us, except for Postelein. We wanted to contact study associations who have more men than women, since we have more women in our study, so it would be more balanced. All the possible study associations have replied that they did not want to organise it with us. We will look for other study associations. Therefore, there is no definite answer about the Prom yet.

#### *Sticker Deals*

We have arranged three new Sticker Deals since we have taken office. Boules Bites Bar, Cotton Elements and Strandbar Stek.

### **Evaluation Orientation Week**

First of all, I want to thank the Orientation Week Committee. They have done a really great job. In general, we have had a lot of exciting first-years students which is very nice. For the upcoming year we have to look if we want to have contact with certain student associations, because the communication with them has been quite bad. This has been like that for the past years. We have to see if it is worth it.

*Renée:* Are there any updates about Carolus yet?

*Nathan:* Yes, I have called the contact person first. He said that I have to call Carolus. Therefore, I called Carolus. They had written down my name. After that, they did not contact me for a week. Therefore, I called them again and they said that the

Minutes Financial General Member Meeting – 13 September 2021

Commissioner of Internal Affairs was expecting an email. I was not aware of that. Therefore, I emailed them, but I still have not received a response.

*Renée:* I think you should just call them again.

*Dylan:* Does everybody know what the problem is? I think maybe some people are wondering what is going on.

*Nathan:* During the Orientation Week we had the cantus at Carolus Magnus. We were supposed to sit there after the cantus. Therefore, people had already bought cards and put money on them before the cantus. This would mean that they would not have to stand in line after the cantus. However, after the cantus there were a lot of people who could not get in anymore. They said that Babylon should leave. However, the people that had to go still had a card with money on it. Therefore, we are trying to get the money back.

*Dylan:* If Carolus does not give us the money, what are you going to do with the full cards?

*Nathan:* We have not talked about it yet. We will talk about it in the next meeting.

*Rianne:* We can also try to get in contact with people from Carolus and then sell our cards to them because they can use it and we do not.

*Max:* Do you know how much money is on every card?

*Nathan:* I do not know that on the top of my head.

*Rianne:* I think on the Babylon card there is still 150 euros.

*Max:* No, but like I still have a card with 30 euros on it and I think that other people have that as well. Do you already know how much it is in total?

*Nathan:* Not yet, because we first wanted to see if there is the ability to get the money back. After that, if we have the green light, we can check how much we have to get back.

*Max:* Maybe it is good to know this in advance. Then you can say we need this amount of money back. For example, we need 1000 euros back. They are not going to do that themselves. I would advise to have an overview of how much you need.

*Niek:* I agree.

*Nathan:* Yes, that is a good point. We will do that.

*Max:* In my own year they were also really horrible contact persons, and a lot went wrong. They did not want to talk with us afterwards.

*Anna:* We have to think about if we want to continue collaborating with them. As a first-year student you do not experience a cantus that often and Carolus is really an experience. We will have to think about that.

*Elze:* First of all, I think you can organise a cantus yourself. If the communication has been this bad for the past years, you can also look at other student associations to organise it together with them, for example Phocas. Some of my orientation children were very interested in going there, but it was not in the program. Maybe if you can get better contact with them, you should think about maybe switching to Phocas.

*Anna:* That is a nice idea. Thank you Elsze.

*Dylan:* I agree with Elsze, but Phocas was boring for half of the students. That is why we skipped it in our year.

*Max:* Yes, it was just rowing and nothing else.

*Dylan:* Yes, indeed, but if you can do a cantus there it would be better. However, I think you cannot exclude student associations from the Orientation Week program. Maybe it is an idea to let the Commissioner of Activities be the contact person. Then you will have a really clear connection between the board and the student association.

*Nathan:* Do they have a student house close to the station?

*Elsze:* Yes.

*Nathan:* We can host the cantus there and after that we can go to the beer party with 0.25 cents for a beer at Carolus.

*Renée:* Boy also said that in the Basement of the 'Drie Gezusters' you can also host a cantus.

*Nathan:* Yes, we did that once in the DIESweek.

*Anna:* Yes, that is true, and our cantus was more fun anyway.

*Max:* I am really in favour that you have to show all the new students all the student associations including Carolus even though I am not a really big fan of them. However, if the cantus is hosted by Babylon, then it is only the location and if we have to go away afterwards then I would support going somewhere else.

*Lieke:* Maybe Carolus can also offer other things to do. For example, in my first year the cantus at Carolus was amazing. However, this year we had a praesidium from Carolus, and this was not a very big success. If that will be the standard for the next couple of years, maybe they can offer another activity.

*Anna:* Thank you for this tip. We will take this into account.

[Anna continues]

I have one more update, we just received this before the Financial General Member Meeting. Nathan has had contact with the Molenstraat and the borrels can be physical again at 75% capacity and we do not have to sit on the terrace.

*Nathan:* We will have more details tomorrow, because they are going to wait on the press conferences. Then they will explain to us what they are going to do. What they want to do is they want to open the whole street and use Testen voor Toegang.

*Thijs:* Does the sign up for the borrel start a week or two weeks in advance?

*Nathan:* Normally, two weeks in advance but since not everything is certain yet, I wanted to wait on Thursday.

*Renée:* Have they reconstructed the Stretto yet?

*Nathan:* No, they have not.

*Renée:* So, it will be a bit small there?

*Lieke:* When do they plan on finishing?

*Nathan:* They do not know yet. I am going to sign the contract tomorrow so you will be updated about it.

*Max:* Do you want to have a sign up for the borrel?

*Nathan:* Yes, just to be sure. Also, for our own registration, so that we know how many people want to come.

*Lieke:* How many people can attend?

*Nathan:* I do not know exactly. I am not certain yet.

*Anna:* We will have more updates about that tomorrow.

*Elsze:* I still had a comment about the Orientation Week. I think it should be mentioned that alcohol consumption should be reduced. Both the alcohol consumption of the board members and the committee members should be changed in the upcoming year. We are all aware of what happened at Ovum Novum. It should definitely be changed in the upcoming years. It did not represent Babylon as well as it could have to the first-year students. This can maybe be implemented in the Policy Plan next year. It should be more normal to say to people that a person should not drink that much if their behaviour changes very much. The board is representative of the association and even though you are an Orientation parent you should be aware of your positions.

*Dylan:* There was a policy in the committee, but it was not held. That is a fact. We had two designated people to be sober that night, but they were not sober. That was a problem.

*Anna:* We are going to take that into account for the Orientation Week next year.

*Nathan:* I will tell that to my successor.

### **Evaluation Unlimited at the Waagh**

To continue with the comment Elsze has made, we need to take into account again the drinking of the board. In general, we think it was a fun activity. We had more sign-ups than we thought. We had 47 sign-ups. We had an incident where people vomited on the terrace in front of the regular guests. Rianne has called with Sjouwet and he is not mad, they have learned from it that they should not organise an event with unlimited drinking like this again.

### **Evaluation Committee Market**

We held it online via Zoom, because it was not possible to rent a room because of the COVID-19 regulations. In general, it went really well. Nathan had created breakout rooms which worked really well. People were excited to join a committee.

*Elsze:* Hopefully, you do not have to do it again, but if it has to be online again, it might be an idea to schedule rounds. For example, every ten minutes the presentation starts again. Now people were just switching break out rooms while people were in the middle of their story. If it has to be online again, it might be an idea to schedule rounds.

*Anna:* That is a good idea. We will take that into account. Hopefully it does not have to be online again.

*Max:* How many people were there?

*Sanni:* I think there were 28 people apart from all the members who were presenting the committees.

*Dylan:* I think it was organised really well. However, I think you should also know that there were not a lot of people there. We only had three or four people who were interested in the Orientation Week Committee. Maybe it could have been promoted better.

*Anna:* We have promoted it on social media and also in the first-years group chat. How would you suggest we do it?

*Dylan:* Maybe during the break of classes and promote it. It is a very important activity, because you are getting all your active members from this one activity. Use the week you have left to promote it to them. That people might even get sick of it because you want a lot of active members.

*Anna:* That is a good point. I also wanted to make a note of that, because we planned it from 12.30 till 1.30 pm. In general, that time should have been a break for everyone. However, there were a lot of people who had International Markets. That is why a lot of people were missing out. Also, about the division, not everyone had a lot of people attending. We need to take this into consideration as well to make sure that we promote those committees as well.

*Elsze:* You can maybe try to contact the teachers that give International Markets and ask if you can give a speech there for 5 minutes.

*Sanni:* We have already had contact with the people who had International Markets. It involves the German, Spanish, French groups. Some of them had skipped the class because they were on the Zoom after all. We have stated that they can come to us at the Babylon Room if they want more information. I already scheduled a meeting for two or three people from the first year. We still have all the presentations, and we can give that to them. So we are working on it, but it is definitely something that should be taken into account next time.

*Max:* You are talking a lot about the first-year students, but did you also think about the second-year students? They also did not have that much of a Babylon experience, so they probably do not know that much about committees. Did you also take them into consideration with the promotion and contacting them?

*Anna:* We have made a first-year student group chat and we texted in that as well. However, the second-year students missed out on that. Next time indeed, we should definitely use more lecture talks.

*Max:* You also have to think about that, because I think the second-year students are kind of in the same position as the first-year students.

*Anna:* We were supposed to have a Second-year Activity a few weeks ago and then we could have promoted it as well, but it is postponed to next week because of the COVID-19 situation in the Orientation Week.

*Thijs:* Do you have any idea how many sign-ups you have?

*Nathan:* We are now at 10 to 15 people.

Minutes Financial General Member Meeting – 13 September 2021

*Elsze:* You can also ask the mentor parents to promote it again. They can also send first-year students to the Babylon Room to obtain more information.

*Sanni:* That is a good one, we will do that.

*Dylan:* Maybe put the PowerPoints on the website.

*Nathan:* That was the plan already. Thank you, Dylan.

*Max:* What are you going to do now for the second-year students?

*Anna:* Yes, we have a Second-year Activity planned.

*Max:* No, I mean for the committees, because they have to sign up before that.

*Nathan:* Sanni is in the second year WhatsApp group. She will send a text to that group and present them with more information.

*Sanni:* I have a few bigger lectures this week, so maybe I can give a lecture talk and maybe a few of us can come so it will be nicer.

*Max:* It is really something you should do, because it is a shame if a lot of second-year students miss out on joining a committee.

*Anna:* Yes, Sanni will provide them with more information.

*Lieke:* Did a lot of pre-masters attend the Committee Market?

*Nathan:* Yes, there were some master students.

*Lieke:* Maybe it is an idea to send a message in their WhatsApp group as well, because they are also quite new as well. There is a group for the master students, right?

*Sanni:* That will be created next week at the Master Activity.

*Max:* Then the sign-ups for the committees are closed.

*Sanni:* We can do a lecture talk for them this week.

*Renée:* They are in the bachelor group, in the same lectures. They will not be at the Master Activity, because they do not know about Babylon. Maybe ask the study advisor.

*Nathan:* Yes, that is a good idea.

*Niek:* My idea was that you should put a lot of effort in the lecture talks right now of all different years of the bachelor and maybe also the master. I think you can win a lot of people. It would not hurt to try. It will only take 5 minutes per talk.

*Anna:* I will add it to the agenda because we have a board meeting tomorrow.

*Elsze:* It might also be possible to contact the person who does the ICT to put an announcement on Brightspace.

*Sanni:* They have the mentor Brightspace group now, so it can maybe be posted there.

*Lieke:* I think the study advisor can post these messages for all students.

*Sanni:* That is a good idea. I will send them an email.

### **Financial Report '20- '21**

[Sam continues]

I heard that the budget was not sent with the email, because it accidentally opened Job's budget, but I will quickly go through it. First of all, about the membership fees. They were a little bit lower than previous years because many people signed out and we could not contact many people. Even the study advisors were not able to reach out to these people, so these people were signed out. We had two vacancy policies at the end of the year, so 90 euros was added. Our sponsorships were different this year than in previous years due to COVID-19. For example, Studystore produced way less profit this year. This is maybe because people were not able to go to campus, thus did not buy books.

*Dylan:* Did the Malle Babbe not pay anything?

*Sam:* Yes, the Malle Babbe did not pay anything at all. The contract with the Molenstraat was not great and they would only pay us if we had real *borrels*. In the beginning, we should have received 7% of all the expenses Babylon had. However, they could not get a hold on it because they could not distinguish in their cash register who bought what. That is why we did not receive any money.

*Max:* Nothing at all from the Molenstraat? Even though we have a contract?

*Sam:* Yes. We got the contract four months in and afterwards we were told that they could not give us anything. Maybe we should have been harsher to them because it was stated in the contract.

*Thijs:* But we did not hold up our end of the contract either.

*Sam:* Yes, that is true.

*Thijs:* We gave them nothing and they gave us nothing.

*Max:* Yes, but that is because we could not. They could have offered things, but still said that it was not possible.

*Sam:* The contact with Molenstraat was not going as planned last year. We hope that they will make it up this year.

*Max:* Quick question to the 33<sup>rd</sup> board of Babylon. Why did you choose to go with Molenstraat again even though you had a chance to go to another party?

*Anna:* The offer from Molenstraat was simply better. The communication with Marcel was also not good and we have already experienced that in regard with Tappers. Both parties were not optimal. The Molenstraat offered us way more and they also paid for the Orientation Week shirts and bags. It was a deal that we could not let down.

*Max:* Marcel would also have paid.

*Anna:* That is true. But Molenstraat offered us more things and they offered us more money as well. Also, communication with Marcel is not easy.

*Nathan:* It is also about the experience. Molenstraat is something that you cannot get at bar Ruygh for example.



*Thijs:* I agree.

*Dylan:* Ruygh always seems to double plan.

*Max:* But what I have heard about Molenstraat now, it really seems that they messed up everything last year.

*Anna:* That is true. We have made a new contract with them. The current board has looked at it. The Advisory Board has looked at it. We made a separate COVID-19 clause in case that would be needed in the future. The contract will be signed tomorrow.

*Lieke:* I know that there are a lot of associations that were earlier at the Malle Babbe and decided to go to Groots. I am not sure what Groots offered to them, but have you taken that into consideration?

*Anna:* No, we have not. We only looked at Marcel and the Molenstraat.

*Elsze:* Why did you look into only those two?

*Anna:* Those were the two parties that were offered to us. We did not know that, for example, Groots would have been an option.

*Elsze:* One question. Are there at least two people looking at the contract to sign on Tuesday? So that nothing similar to last year can happen again.

*Nathan:* I am going to the meeting with Rianne and Anna.

*Rianne:* We also looked at the contract all together. I made sure that the COVID-19 clause is waterproof.

*Max:* What does the contract look like now?

*Nathan:* It is similar to the earlier contract, but with more sponsor money. We receive 1300 euros and Molenstraat pays for the Orientation Week shirts and bags. Additionally, we have four kegs.

*Max:* Is the 1300 euros in money?

*Nathan:* Yes.

*Anna:* As part of the COVID-19 clause it is stated that a borrel should be possible inside or on the terrace.

*Nathan:* All the actions and discounts will also be available on the terrace.

*Max:* Are the prices also included in the contract? I heard that last year the Molenstraat had different prices even though other prices were stated in the contract.

*Nathan:* The prices are explicitly stated in the contract.

*Max:* Please stay on top of that. They might try and change the prices during the year but please be tough with them.

*Rianne:* Thanks for the tip.

*Elsze:* Do you also get a percentage?

*Nathan:* No, they would not do that this year. I tried to do that in one of the first meetings with Molenstraat, but they did not agree on it.

*Anna:* However, with what they have offered us, we really cannot complain about it.

*Niek:* I have a question about the prices. The first contract we saw with the Advisory Board had a price of 2.50 euros for a beer. Is this price still in the contract?

*Nathan:* Yes.

*Lieke:* What is the normal price?

*Nathan:* 3 euros.

*Niek:* I think that it is more than 3 euros. Maybe 3.30 euros? Check these prices so you actually know how much discount you are receiving.

*Nathan:* I remember that during the Orientation Week festival at Molenstraat the beer was 3 euros.

*Niek:* Wine was 2.50 euros and beer was less than that.

*Dylan:* Maybe 2 euros.

*Niek:* I do not remember exactly but it was very cheap.

*Nathan:* Okay. I will look at the prices again.

[Sam continues]

We will go to the expenses. These things were all the same as during the Change of the Board General Member Meeting in July. The transactions were higher than expected at first but lower than expected in the beginning as well. This is because some things could not take place such as the Ski Trip and the Study Trip. This has cost us 300 euros.

The membership fees are still the same as in previous years. Conscribo is still 150 euros because we have the premium version, which is very nice.

The business cards are the same. The contributions for the committees are different because some things could not take place after all. For instance, for the Prom Committee we budgeted 500 euros, but we only paid the price during the online prom dinner, so it only cost us 15 euros.

The Congress cost us approximately 1500 euros. The Department board money and the Babylon money was spent. For the Career Event we received 750 euros from the Department board and 500 euros from Babylon. However, we only used 472 euros for the gifts for the participants. For the Orientation Week we budgeted 100 euro, but that was too low since some things were more expensive than expected. So, we changed the budget of the Orientation Week committee to 330 euros.

The Weekend committee cost us 352 euros because there were some unforeseen costs. The invoice from Thiemeloods was not read well. With the budget for the Sports committee we paid for the cantus. The International committee only organised a lunch that was physical and we paid for it. This cost us 25 euros. The Education committee has still 100 euros, because the CIS in the Field has not taken place yet. For the committee

of Informal Activities, we paid 80 euros for all the prices. Normally, these costs would be paid with income from other activities, but this year they did not take place either, so we had to pay for it.

*Thijs:* What gifts were given at the Career Event? That is a lot of money just for gifts.

*Sam:* I think they were business gifts. Gifts for speakers.

*Renée:* Yes, they were for the speaker gifts as well as for the goodie bags. We paid for them.

*Anna:* I also have a question. We had a lot of money for the Career Event and a contribution from the department board as well. Where did all the money go? Is it in the remainder?

*Sam:* Yes, for now it is in the remainder.

*Thijs:* So, officially the money you do not spend should probably be given back.

*Sam:* Yes, we did not spend any of the money last year because the Career Event did not take place. Congress did not take place either.

*Niek:* Do you mean my year or your year?

*Sam:* Your year.

*Niek:* We did not have a Congress.

*Sam:* Yes, that is true.

*Elsze:* I did not check this in the slides of income, but did you know that for formal collaborations you can get a subsidy from SOFv to organise that? So, for example, for the National Day of Communication with Mycelium you can get a lot of money from SOFv.

*Sam:* That is very good to hear now. Honestly, I did not know that.

*Elsze:* For all formal collaborations you can get money from SOFv. You have to fill in a request and SOFv will pass the requests on to Student Life. Then if it is accepted you can get a certain amount of money depending on what you are offering. If you are planning on organising a big event, the sponsoring will most likely be bigger too.

*Thijs:* Does SOFv expect anything in return for this money?

*Elsze:* No.

*Sanni:* Elsze, I will email you about that later on.

*Elsze:* Also, there will be another subsidy coming up for the well-being of students.

*Sam:* Thank you.

[Sam continues]

Then moving forward to the Babylon Magazine. We pay for it monthly, around 250 euros per month. The first edition of the Babylon Magazine cost us a little bit more because we had to attach and pay the Dominos discount passes in there and as well pay for last

year's passes. We printed a little bit more Babylon Magazines in the beginning as there were more members back then. That is why the first edition was around 100 euros more expensive.

The Deconstitution Drink of the 32<sup>nd</sup> board of Babylon will take place in October. So, there is still money budgeted for that.

*Max:* Is that not something for the next budget? Because it will take place in the next financial year?

*Sam:* No, these are the costs for our (32<sup>nd</sup> board of Babylon) Constitution Drink.

*Max:* But it is under Job's financial year, right?

*Dylan:* It does not have anything to do with that. It is the same case as for CIS in the Field.

*Niek:* So, it is still something from Sam's year, even though it takes place under Job's financial year.

*Sam:* Normally we should pay for it in July already. I understand your question Max, it is a bit complicated. However, it will remain under my budget.

[Sam continues]

Moving on to the Active Member Activity and Active Member Evening. For the first AME we had Babylon cards, which cost us 200 euros. For the second AME we had Babylon beer glasses, which cost us 60 euros. For the third and last, AME, we organised a silent disco, a DJ and paid for the dinner. All this cost us 500 euros. Additionally, we got presents for the Member of the Month. This cost us around 2 euros per person.

The gifts for the new board cost us around 60 euros as normally. The flowers for the Bachelor's ceremonies cost us 120 euros. Nothing special and different about those numbers. Additionally, we bought beer openers in the beginning of the academic year with a Babylon logo on them. These were given out during the Orientation Week. Personally, I found them really nice.

Then for the website. We still paid for the domain name SV Babylon. This was the last year paying for it and after next year it will be gone. On top of that, we paid 60 euros in advance for the server of the website. We had website maintenance because the website got hacked ten times in three weeks. So, as a solution we paid for a person from the ITC studies to fix it and it helped. We paid for the Antagonist. We also paid for a smallhold of the server of the new website and WordPress Multilanguage, which translates things on the website.

For the 33<sup>rd</sup> board, when we announced them as the new board, we gave all of them a bottle of Smirnoff ICE. We did not have a physical change of the board General Member Meeting nor the Semi-Annual General Member Meeting. Therefore, they did not cost us money. However, we had a Financial General Member Meeting and that cost us 60 euros. For the remaining things, we had, for example, the topic of sustainability. We budgeted way more than we were actually able to use because of COVID-19 and events being cancelled. We really could not do much. However, we bought little white boards in which you can write on, and you can re-use them. These can be used in activities. I think they are somewhere in the Babylon Room.

*Lieke:* Actually, they are still in my place.

*Max:* I have a quick question. I saw that the gifts for the Advisory Board and the Till Committee cost us 70 euros. Not that I would like to get something, but I do not think that we have received any gifts.

*Rianne:* The 33<sup>rd</sup> board did not receive any gifts either.

*Max:* I do not really care about the gift, but I do not understand why it is on the budget if we did not receive anything.

*Sam:* We still have to fix those gifts.

*Nathan:* I agree with Max.

*Max:* Honestly, if it is 70 euros on the budget but it is not spent on anything, it should not be there in the first place.

*Sam:* We will fix this together with the 32<sup>nd</sup> board of Babylon.

*Dylan:* I noticed you have not mentioned the golden moons yet. I do not see any golden moons on the 33<sup>rd</sup> board of Babylon.

*Sam:* I was not there yet. I will come back to it.

[Sam continues]

We decided to get InDesign for the Babylon Magazine for Lieke's computer. We added this to the budget last year. The 33<sup>rd</sup> board will continue with it.

We only spent 30 euros for the Lunches. Only the last two Lunches could take place in person at the terrace of Van Buren.

About the golden moons. Two moons broke, one in the previous year and one last year. These missing moons still need to be bought.

*Thijs:* I think I lost mine and I broke it.

*Rianne:* Why does Babylon have to pay for this?

*Thijs:* It is in the budget.

*Dylan:* I do not know whose responsibility it is, but I think that it is really sloppy from the 32<sup>nd</sup> board that the new board still does not have their moons yet. I do not know who should have done it, but it should have been done by now.

*Anna:* Why is it in the budget?

*Sam:* If you lose it, it is your own responsibility, but if it breaks, it is not.

*Elsze:* Then why is it in the budget if it is your own responsibility?

*Dylan:* Sometimes they just wear out or break.

*Anna:* Apparently, if it breaks, it is not your own responsibility.

*Sanni:* Are the 120 euros in the budget just for two moons? So, they cost 60 euros per moon?

*Sam:* Yes, they are real gold.

*Anna:* So, whose moon broke last year?

*Sam:* Mine and the one from Renée.

*Max:* Next time when there is an official gathering you (the 33<sup>rd</sup> board) should wear the moons.

*Anna:* We figured it would not be nice today, since some of us have the moons and some of us do not.

*Niek:* You can fix the situation within a week. Take the responsibility yourselves.

*Dylan:* If it takes too long just do it yourself.

*Renée:* I do not have my moon anymore so I cannot do it.

*Lieke:* You have to have one moon to replicate it. We need one to bring to the store where they do it.

*Nathan:* Now I understand. We can use my moon.

[Sam continues]

In total, it means that the total income was 12 900 euros and the expenses 11 572 euros, which means that we are 1330 euros in the plus. That is the remainder for the next board. I believe that in Jobs' budget it says 1250 right now, but we will look into it on Thursday and fix it.

*Max:* Why is there a difference between the budgets?

*Sam:* I am not quite sure yet. It is probably because there are still some things uncertain from the Orientation Week.

*Max:* Are you sure about that?

*Sam:* I am almost sure.

*Max:* That is not too convincing. I do not want to be annoying, but you have had plenty of time to fix this and it should add up. But it does not.

*Dylan:* If this does not add up how do we know if everything else adds up? Please check it carefully, preferably together with the Till Committee. And please, if you reuse PowerPoints, please change the dates. This looks very unprofessional.

*Sam:* Are there any other questions?

*Elsze:* I was wondering since you have a positive result, why does the Jobs budget also have a positive result? I thought that they should equalise each other.

*Sam:* I am not sure what you mean.

*Elsze:* You have a result that is positive, and Job's result is positive. Why do they not equalise each other?

*Sam:* Our remainder goes to their year. He thought of 1250 euros as the remainder, but in fact it is a bit more than that.

*Elsze:* Okay.

*Max:* I am still not sure how this works. Because Job has taken the number out of your financial report, does he do his own calculations and then you do your own calculations?

*Job:* Maybe I can explain. We were sitting together trying to figure out how much we spent during the Orientation Week. All of the money we spent there we got from the budget from Liz from the Orientation Week committee. After that, I made my budget or to say, I finalised my budget. But apparently there were still some mistakes. There must be something wrong with one of the invoices, because something has changed after our meeting. That is the reason why it is still wrong in my budget.

*Max:* Why are we finding out about this right now?

*Job:* Because the invoices came in last week.

*Max:* You still had one week to fix it. I do, again, not want to be annoying but you have had a week to fix this. It is still not on point. Last time in the General Member Meeting it was not on point either. It is very unprofessional of you.

*Sam:* We will check it on Thursday.

*Elsze:* How do we know that it will be fixed by next time?

*Sam:* I am sure it will be fixed then. I can make arrangements with the Till Committee.

*Niek:* Yes, I could check it.

*Sam:* There is really nothing that we can do about it right now. I am certain that it will be fixed on Thursday.

*Max:* You have been given this whole time from the last General Member Meeting until now to fix your budget. It has been two months and you have had all this time to fix it. I understand that some invoices came in only last week, but you still had a full week to fix it. You had a full week to fix it and now you found out today, the day of the Financial General Member Meeting, that it still does not add up. That is simply just not good.

*Dylan:* If you found out today, why did you not make time to fix it before the meeting? You could have met up before the meeting and tried to fix things.

*Job:* There was unfortunately no time to do so.

*Dylan:* Then you should make time.

*Sam:* I received a call at 5.00 pm. We tried to fix it, but not everything was fixed on time. It is very late, I agree.

*Anna:* Should we move on to voting on the Financial Report?

**Vote on financial report '20- '21**

Total number of voters: 4 + 4 (8 in total)

Votes in favour: 0

Votes against: 4

Blanc vote: 0  
Withhold: 4

The Financial Report of '20-'21 has not been approved. Therefore, an Additional General Member Meeting has to be arranged.

**Resignation of the Treasurer of the thirty-second board & Treasurer of the thirty- third board taking office**

Sam Helmink resigned and Job Coehorst has officially taken office as the Treasurer of the 33<sup>rd</sup> board.

**Resignation of Till Committee '20-'21**

The Till Committee of last year resigns: Maartje Slot and Niek van de Minkelis.

**Introduction of Till Committee '21-'22**

The Till Committee of '21-'22 is introduced: Niek van de Minkelis and Sam Helmink.

**Vote on Till Committee '21-'22**

Total number of voters: 8 + 6 (14 in total)

Vote in favour: 8  
Vote against: 0  
Blanc vote: 0  
Withhold: 6

The Till Committee of '21-'22 takes office: Niek van de Minkelis and Sam Helmink.

**Financial Report '21- '22**

[Anna continues]

I will give the floor to Job to present his Financial Report.

*Job:* Thank you Anna. I will be presenting all the changes that happened since the last General Member Meeting. As you already heard, there is still one thing wrong in the budget. I will change it as soon as possible.

[Job continues]

About the income. Since the last time we spoke, there have been a few changes. First of all, about the membership fees. Unfortunately, there have been a few sign outs, around 10 in total. This equals 140 euros less than we expected in the first place. We still have a good number of Babylon members, so we are pleased with that.

*Max:* How many sign outs and sign ups did you receive? Ten sign outs and how many sign ups?

*Job:* We still got forty more.

*Imke:* We have a lot more than that. I have the list if you want to.

*Job:* Yes, I do not know the exact amount, but this is the exact number of members we have right now.

*Max:* So, then it is more than it used to be.



*Job:* Yes, it is definitely more. Last year, the membership fees summed up to a total of 660 euros, so this year there are way more.

*Lieke:* How many sign outs did you calculate within this budget?

*Job:* Last time we checked, there were 520 members and there have been 10 sign outs since then.

*Lieke:* Because in our year, we also made a budget like you and did not think that there would be a lot of sign outs, but the last couple of days you could sign out, there were a lot of them. Be careful with this and keep this in mind.

*Job:* We will keep checking if something changes. I will work closely with Imke. If someone signs out, I will make sure to adapt that in my budget. That is definitely something I need to take into account.

*Max:* A slight reminder that when the membership fee is taken off from the account also many people, approximately 10-15, will send you an email and complain about it because they have not seen the email. So, just be prepared for the emails.

*Lieke:* Yes, be prepared since you will get those mails.

*Job:* I will be, and so will Imke. Thank you. Dylan, did you still have a question?

*Dylan:* Yes, until when can the members still sign out?

*Imke:* 1 November.

*Dylan:* I would suggest editing your budget and maybe taking 10-15 members down, so when that eventually will happen, you will not be surprised. It is nicer to have more money than you expect rather than be on minus.

*Niek:* This has happened every year, so you can just update it when it happens.

*Job:* We will update the numbers when we know more.

[Job continues]

The remainder from the 32<sup>nd</sup> should be a bit higher as it is. We heard the reasoning for this on Sam's part. We are going to fix it and see where the difference between the budgets comes from. The remainder from the prom, that is all the money we would have spent on the prom last year, but it was cancelled. I will come back to that later when I talk about the committees.

About the sponsorship from Rabobank. This is what they are saying that they are going to sponsor us (900 euros), but it is not fully certain yet. We hope that they will not lower the amount of money because it would make Babylon financially unstable. We hope that it does not happen.

The contract with the Molenstraat will be signed tomorrow, hence it will be finalised. They are going to sponsor us for 1300 euros. I think that it is a very good amount of sponsor money.

*Dylan:* Does the Molenstraat have the same thing as Tappers? So, we receive 50 euros per every extra activity.

*Nathan:* Yes, that is true.

*Dylan:* Then you should add that to the budget as well.

*Job:* My bad. I did not know about this. I will adjust the budget and put it together with Tappers.

*Nathan:* Also, coming back to the Molenstraat contract. I looked at the prices during the break and we will pay 2.00 euros for beer and 2.50 for wine.

*Dylan:* That is nice.

[Job continues]

The contract with El Sombrero still has to be signed as well. We are not expecting any changes with them compared to the year of Niek. No troubles are expected.

*Dylan:* Did you already have a discussion with them or are you just expecting everything to be similar?

*Nathan:* Mycelium is still planning to have contact with Boy. However, they have had problems with the contact. So, this is probably going to take a while. If they have not managed to have contact within a week, I will contact Boy myself.

*Dylan:* I think that it is a bit too optimistic to say that nothing will change at all, when you have not had any conversation with them yet.

*Job:* I am basing all my calculations on the financial year of Niek. I agree that it is still uncertain, but we are hoping that nothing changes. That is why I have kept it at 250 euros.

*Thijs:* If I remember correctly, after the upcoming year Rabobank is going to stop sponsoring us for good. Right? Firstly, how far along are you in searching for a new head sponsor? Have you talked about who could be the new head sponsor? I think that if you are going to find another sponsor, I doubt that they would sponsor us more than, for example, de Waagh. We have discussed making de Waagh our head sponsor as well in our year, hence I am wondering.

*Rianne:* For starters, Rabobank did not say that they will finalise the contract. It is just very uncertain now. They cannot give us the certainty that they can sponsor us again next year. They must look at it every year and see how much money they can spend on sponsorships, because they have a lot of associations they sponsor. Currently, we are not sure what is going to happen during the upcoming year. I am looking for new sponsors. It is nice that Rabobank does not value the title of head sponsor too much. Therefore, I can offer other companies head sponsorship if they are willing to do it. I can contact all kinds of companies besides other banks, as they are direct competitors of Rabobank. If we were to look only at the amount of money, it would make sense to make de Waagh our head sponsor, but it would look less professional than Rabobank. For instance, having a restaurant as head sponsor, looks less professional than having a bank or another big company as head sponsor.

*Thijs:* Did you say that we are not allowed to contact any direct competitors, so other banks? Is that in the contract?

*Rianne:* Yes. We cannot contact any direct competitor of Rabobank. For instance, no ABN AMRO.

*Anna:* We are also looking at another possible head sponsor. Their financial book year starts in January, so then we know more about it.

*Renée:* Are you considering ending the contract with Rabobank yourself? Since it is so uncertain with them.

*Thijs:* And the sponsor money is less every year.

*Rianne:* That is why I asked Rabobank whether the head sponsorship was that important to them. It was not. For instance, if they want to pay 500 euros sponsor money for us posting their vacancies, we are fine with that, since it is way more than letting them make use of our vacancy policy.

*Renée:* But I am wondering if ABN AMRO is interested and you will receive more money from them, why would you just not end the contract with Rabobank yourself?

*Rianne:* That is another story, and we will have to see if we can get a contract out of that. I first want to see what we can arrange with Kraft Heinz. When we first spoke with them, they mentioned that they are interested in the head sponsorship.

*Anna:* Additionally, we will know more from Rabobank probably this spring.

*Renée:* So, you will only know what they are going to pay for this year next spring?

*Rianne:* No. I texted Quirijn and he said last week that we should get it somewhere this week. So, we will probably receive it next week.

*Thijs:* You will receive the amount for next year?

*Rianne:* No, then we will know what they are going to pay this year.

*Anna:* For next year, we will know the amount next spring.

*Lieke:* If you find Kraft Heinz as the new head sponsor, are you in that case still considering, for example, ABN AMRO? Maybe they would pay a lot more money, so I am wondering why you would not go with them in that case.

*Rianne:* That is indeed a good question. We will still consider them. The big question is that does ABN AMRO want to be a regular sponsor or do they want the head sponsorship? We can only offer that to one company.

*Lieke:* In that case you can maybe talk to Kraft Heinz again. Maybe they do not value the head sponsorship that much either. I do not know what you think about it, but maybe you can discuss with both and hopefully, come to an agreement.

*Rianne:* Yes, of course. If we are really considering ABN AMRO, then I can again talk to Rabobank. I can say that they are not certain enough in their choices and we need certainty for our association. We want to make sure that we are still an financial stable study association next year. I hope that they will understand it if that would be the case. If we do so and decide to do so, our relationship with Rabobank could be at stake. We need to be sure that we are ready to finalise the contract if it comes to that.

*Max:* We have talked a lot about the head sponsor. But what do we exactly offer to the head sponsor? What is the difference between a normal sponsor and the head sponsor?

*Rianne:* The head sponsor is mentioned in every Babel, at the end of it. It is mentioned on the back side of the Babylon Magazine, and they have a full-page sized advertisement. They are mentioned during the Career Event and the Congress, I think.

*Max:* They would be on a banner if we had one.

*Rianne:* Yes, they would be on a banner if we had one. I think that is it on the top of my head.

*Max:* It is good to have it in mind if you are having the negotiations. That you really know what the head sponsor entails. Like, for example, what is the difference between paying a bigger amount of money and being the head sponsor. I think the companies want to know that.

*Rianne:* Yes, we will do that. All the information is on a paper I have with me during the negotiations. That is why I could only remember some from the top of my head.

[Job continues]

This year, we have had talks with de Waagh. They were willing to sponsor us with more money than we were expecting. That is very positive. They are willing to pay us 1650 euros. We can be really happy with that. We would like to thank Rianne and Renée for that.

Last time I received some comments about the StudyStore. During the last financial year, the profits were a lot less than they are normally. Therefore, I nudged it down a bit. We have a lot of new first-years who are already members of Babylon. We have promoted book sales on social media. So, we hope that we can get the StudyStore sales up to 1400 euros. We really hope to reach this number. That would mean an increase of 270 euros in contrast to last year.

*Sam:* I suggest checking the situation more often with StudyStore and see how much money you are receiving. Because now we only do it at the end of the year and since it was way less than we thought it would be, it caused problems. Maybe you could ask for it after half a year.

*Job:* Maybe once a semester?

*Sam:* Yes, that is a good idea.

[Job continues]

We already sold two Vacancy Policies, which makes 90 euros in total.

*Niek:* If you already sold two, that is already 90 euros, right? Why did you not budget more?

*Job:* Good point. I really did not think about that. It was very unexpected that we already sold two. I could budget more for that. Have not thought about it yet. We are not fully sure how it is going to work with the Vacancy Policy. Maybe we were just very lucky now but will not get extra vacancies later. Both companies we sold the Vacancy Policies now, chose our Vacancy Policy B, which is a full exposure package and costs 45 euros. Rianne updated the Vacancy Policy in the beginning of our board year.

*Dylan:* In my opinion, use the Vacancy Policies you sell as a bonus. Do not update it in your budget. When you do not sell anything more you do not lose anything, and

everything is just a plus. Last year they sold two policies at the end of the year, so I am confirming that the 90 euros in your budget are not the ones from last year?

*Job:* No, these are both new.

*Max:* Something about the Vacancy Policy popped into my mind. Is it maybe an idea to contact the companies that we have sold the Vacancy Policy to, to see if it worked? Maybe to form evaluations, for example, if people from our studies applied to that position or if they ended up hiring someone. You can use those results in the negotiations with other companies. If nothing comes out of it, you can just leave it out, but if it works, it is very valuable information.

*Job:* Good idea Max! We will talk about that with the board.

*Dylan:* How many companies do you reject the offer of using the Vacancy Policy?

*Rianne:* Almost none. If they contact me, I always offer to post it on our website. Then I usually tell them about our vacancies and how they can get more exposure through them. Most of the time they are okay doing the package B. I added all the number of followers we have in our social media, so the companies can see how much exposure we actually can offer. I think that it actually helps. I think social media exposure is very important to companies. For the vacancies we have published now, there have always been a few people interested and they sent us private messages and asked for more information.

*Dylan:* Renée, in your year, did you do the same?

*Renée:* I did the exact same. I think that COVID-19 really complicated the situation.

*Dylan:* As a study association, making 90 euros but not posting so many vacancies, I do not know how that contributes. What is your goal here? Do you want to make money, or do you want to post as many as possible vacancies for your members? Maybe you should decide what is more important for you.

*Rianne:* I think that it is a bit of both. We already posted a few vacancies that were not paid. I am not sure if you already saw the few latest ones on LinkedIn, but they were not paid because they are from the university. I think we have found a nice balance between paid ones and non-paid ones. If we can keep it up like this the upcoming year, then we should be fine.

*Max:* Also, all the vacancies are on the website, right?

*Rianne:* Yes. They are always on the website. If they want to make use of the Vacancy Policy on top of that, it is more than welcome.

*Dylan:* Good like that. But just keep it in your mind that if you reject 5-6 companies, they might never get interns from us or get the chance of doing something.

*Rianne:* But they are always posted on the website. Nobody is getting fully rejected.

*Dylan:* How many people check the website?

*Rianne:* That is then your own responsibility.

*Max:* You could make a post once every two or three months saying that people should check all the vacancies on the website, it should be enough. If you do that regularly, then people know that the vacancies are there on the website.

*Dylan:* I get it. But make sure to think about it.

*Lieke:* Are you also searching actively for new vacancies yourself or do the companies approach you?

*Rianne:* Not right now because at the moment the companies are approaching me a lot. It will probably cool down eventually. Companies do not have that many interns anyway around the year. Maybe I could approach companies saying that we can post the vacancies for them.

*Renée:* Did you mention earlier that you posted something on LinkedIn without them paying for it?

*Rianne:* It was a vacancy from the university. They pay us in another way.

[Job continues]

We got left off at Tappers. Even though we chose not to go with Marcel after all, he was happy to continue working with us. They will sponsor us the same amount as they sponsored for the 31<sup>st</sup> board. The contract will be signed soon. He has already agreed that it would be 250 euros.

*Nathan:* I had Marcel on the phone last week and he verbally agreed to this deal. I need to hand him the contract and then we can sign it. I am waiting for him to get in contact with me again. We have now three activities planned there.

[Job continues]

Apologies that I did not include it for the Molenstraat. I was not aware of that. We will still get the additional 50 euros per activity.

*Niek:* Why did you not include that?

*Job:* We have not planned for the extra activities yet.

*Nathan:* We have given Molenstraat the set of our activities. For Tappers, we chose three random activities and the activities we did not mention we will use as extra activities. For example, pre-Ski Trip, after Ski Trip, pre-Study Trip or after Study Trip. I will make sure that there will be activities that can be framed as extra activities.

*Niek:* But you already have some ideas for some of the extra activities?

*Nathan:* Yes. I can name the activities, but I have not chosen the order of them yet.

*Niek:* Nice. I am just looking at the budget and with that you can look forward to the year and see if you have, for example, two activities extra, you can put them in a certain spot in there, so we receive more money. That was the point of my comment.

*Job:* I was not aware of that. I thought that I would update the budget as I go, so it always stays as extra money.

*Dylan:* You mentioned the pre- Ski Trip and post-Ski Trip borrels. Mostly you do those at Tappers or Bascáfe in exchange for the Ski Trip sweater. Then you go and promote the bar, so you will not get extra money for that.

*Anna:* We already have the Master Activity coming up as an activity.

*Max:* You also have 50 euros from the Molenstraat per extra activity. How will you make the division between Molenstraat and Tappers?

*Nathan:* First of all, we are going to make sure that we have three activities. After we have those three activities, I will personally look into the year planning and see which activities we can organise and where. We need to look into the capacity of the bars as well. In Molenstraat you can organise bigger events and smaller ones in Tappers or Ruygh for example.

*Job:* Does this answer your question?

*Max:* Yes.

*Renée:* I have one more thing in my mind. In the contract with Molenstraat there is something about the Bingo's. Will you do something with that? Because they provide us with free Bingo's or something similar. Do you have that in the year planning already or will you look at it later?

*Nathan:* I have not thought about it yet.

*Niek:* Why are these Bingo's in the contract?

*Lieke:* What is the whole thing with the Bingo's?

*Nathan:* It was their way to persuade us to stay because we were about to leave the Molenstraat.

*Max:* What exactly is the free Bingo? What is free?

*Nathan:* I do not know the details.

*Max:* That is a good thing to look into because if you still have to arrange everything yourself, it might not be worth it.

*Job:* Normally, there is a fee to go to the terrace. Now we do not have to pay a fee.

*Max:* I know that you think that. You should not think that; you should know that.

*Elsze:* It might be that the Bingo's are in the contract since it is something Molenstraat used to do. Maybe you can change the word Bingo to a Silent Disco and then organise rather a Silent Disco than a Bingo night. So, you would not have to pay the costs for the rent, but Molenstraat would pay for them.

*Niek:* That would be awesome.

*Nathan:* I will take that into account.

[Job continues]

Then we will move on to the next part, which is expenses. Only the Babylon stickers have changed since last time. We needed more than I knew, so it turned out to be a little more expensive. That is about 20 euros more than last time.

*Renée:* Why are the bags on them? If this year the Molenstraat pays for them, I think next year they will do so as well.

*Job:* We cannot count on that. We still need to reserve that amount because it is a pretty big amount. This is an assurance for next year.

*Lieke:* What is stated about that in the contract?

*Job:* The contract ends before the Orientation Week. We have to make a new contract for next year. Hopefully they will pay for the bags then as well, but we cannot assume that.

*Nathan:* I will make sure with my successor that they try to get the bags as well next year.

*Max:* From when to when is the contract with the Molenstraat?

*Nathan:* From now till 1 August.

*Elsze:* Please watch the capital letters, so that the language used in the budget is consistent.

*Job:* Yes, I will change that.

[Job continues]

All right, then the Orientation Week. We have paid a lot more than previous year. I thought it would be wise to schedule some more money for the Orientation Week next year. We have changed it from 100 to 350 euros, so we have more room for the activities during the Orientation Week.

*Dylan:* I think this is also assuming that we get a free lunch or barbecue again next year? Because if we do not get that, I do not think the Orientation Week Committee will manage. We used to get 700 or 800 euros for Babylon and then we reduced that because of the free barbecue.

*Job:* That is again a contractual thing.

*Nathan:* There is one barbecue and if it cannot take place this year, then it will be moved to next year.

*Dylan:* Make sure it is in the contract, so we will not have problems.

*Job:* Yes, I think we definitely have to reserve that one for the Orientation Week.

*Rianne:* In addition, I think next year it will be easier to get sponsors if everything is physical.

*Renée:* What will you use the 150 euros for the International Committee for? Because the last two years we did spend that much money on it.

*Sanni:* We would like to make the committee a bit more active. Last year, there was only the picnic besides the Dutch lessons. We are planning an international activity in a few weeks. And in Spring we are planning to go to the Efteling. So, we hope to sponsor some of the ticket costs, because it is quite an expensive trip.

*Job:* And also with the eye on internationalisation, I thought it would be wise to just increase it a little bit.

*Max:* Regarding the Efteling trip, how are you planning on doing that? In our year we also wanted to go to the Efteling. If we were with a certain number of people and if the



study advisor booked it under the name of a study trip, it was significantly cheaper. Look into that.

*Sanni:* We will definitely look into that.

*Lieke:* Did you budget anything for sustainability?

*Job:* We will get to that in the next slide. I will get to that in a second.

[Job continues]

Then the printing costs for the Babylon Magazine. The printing costs will be 680 euros. The printing costs for the second and the third will be for BladNL. Less magazines will be printed, so that is why there are scheduled less costs. I left the original costs for the fourth Babylon Magazine, since we are printing that at Luxor.

*Rianne:* We are meeting with them tomorrow.

*Dylan:* Why do you call the Sports Committee just 'Ski Trip'? Don't they have any money for other activities?

*Job:* I never changed that. It should be the other way around. I will change that.

*Thijs:* I have a question for Nathan. Is the location for the weekend fixed?

*Nathan:* What I understood from Marlon is that the location is fixed.

*Thijs:* Maybe check this to be sure.

*Nathan:* Yes, I will do that.

*Lieke:* The first three editions of the Babylon Magazine are for BladNL and the last one is with Luxor?

*Job:* Yes, that is because we are changing the format of the magazine. It is also explained in the Policy Plan.

*Max:* Are the lunches going to be organised by a committee?

*Job:* No, they are organised by the board.

*Max:* Okay, because right now they are underneath the section 'committees'. In our year the international committee was in charge of the lunches to make it more international, but it did not work out.

*Job:* I will change that.

*Elsze:* Do you expect the lunches to take place every month after the borrel from now on? Are you allowed to do that in the Erasmus Building?

*Anna:* We have to wait for the press conference tomorrow.

*Rianne:* How we will fill it in exactly is still a little bit uncertain. If it is not possible in the Babylon Room, we will rent a room in the Erasmus Building so we can all be seated. I think we will be fine, since the government is planning to let the rule of 1.5-meters go.

*Anna:* The lunch will be on 29 September and before that we will have a meeting with the Department Board and we will know more about the regulations by then, so there is plenty of time to decide that.

[Job continues]

The third Active Member Activity was budgeted as 800 last year because they were for the active members of the last two years. Now it will be 400 euros again, because it is only for the active members of this year.

*Renée:* Sam said you did not have to pay for SV Babylon domain anymore.

*Job:* We have to make the last payment this year. After that it is done. So, in the budget of the 34<sup>th</sup> board, it does not have to be included anymore.

*Elsze:* There is a spelling error in the second row. It says 'boards' instead of 'board'.

*Job:* I will make sure to check them all before next time.

*Dylan:* One thing, we are being funny about it now, but it is a part of professionalism.

*Job:* Sorry about that. I will make sure that I have checked it thoroughly for next time.

*Niek:* I have a question about the Second-year Activity.

*Job:* Yes, I will come to that.

[Job continues]

The flowers for the Graduation Ceremony turned out to be a little more expensive this year. The owner changed and the rates also changed. We cannot really do anything about that. Then, the blog of the sister associations. There is going to be a blog with all the sister associations which will be written by Anna on behalf of Babylon and the other sister associations.

*Elsze:* Regarding the Board Interest Lunch, the Spar University is open again. They might sponsor the lunch, because they do that as well for other study associations.

*Job:* We will look into that.

[Job continues]

Then we are going to sustainability. Right now, we have a little bit more certainty about sponsor money compared to the last GMM. Therefore, more money can be budgeted for sustainability than last time. We decided to increase the budget from 190 to 300 euros. We have more money we can put into sustainable products and activities.

*Max:* What kind of products?

*Job:* For example, replacing plastic products. We have a whole list in the Policy Plan. Same thing goes for the lunches. We will use paper plates, which we will take from the budget scheduled for sustainability.

*Sanni:* To add on to Job, the same thing goes for the codices. We are now still talking to Luxor.

*Rianne:* The codices will be more expensive, because they have to be plastified. I do not know exactly how much more.

*Lieke:* For the Study Trip, you want to go by train and that is more expensive than it would usually be. Will that be paid from the amount of money scheduled for the committee or from the budget for sustainability?

*Elsze:* SOFv offers more money if you plan a sustainable trip.

*Lieke:* Does that money apply for all sustainable activities?

*Job:* I do not think it goes for all activities, so that is why we have budgeted money for sustainability.

*Dylan:* I do not think everyone knows the new idea yet regarding the codices.

*Rianne:* The idea is that we make a booklet that we can use for a longer time. They will be laminated, so that they are protected for possible spilled beer. They will be made with a ring binder. Hopefully that is more sustainable than a booklet we have to throw away after every cantus.

*Dylan:* So, you will have control over the booklets?

*Rianne:* Yes.

*Max:* Last time it was mentioned the booklets were also personal? How can you make them personal if they are laminated?

*Anna:* Yes, for the first idea we had we wanted to personalize the booklets and have them be made of paper. But our Board and the Advisory Board were afraid that the drinks would be spilled over it. That is why we had to let go of the personalized idea and have chosen to laminate the codices.

[Job continues]

Then to the General Member Meetings. This is what we usually spend on it. We had a thing with the Waagh that we are trying to solve.

*Rianne:* I will explain. Sjouwet called me last week and asked me if he already told me that we have to pay for a room for General Member Meetings. The normal price is 125 euros per hour and student price is 75 euros per hour. That would mean that we would have to pay approximately 750 euros per year. We do not agree with this, so I will have a talk with Sjouwet about it.

*Max:* Is it stated in the contract that we can have it for free?

*Thijs:* Yes, I think our contract said that it was for free.

*Rianne:* It does not explicitly say that it is for free.

*Renée:* Yes, but the fact that it is in the contract usually means that it is for free.

*Thijs:* You can interpret it both ways, but if they do not name a rate, you can assume it is for free.

*Rianne:* Sjouwet said it was a change of policy. But then we should be notified and be given an option to choose a different location.

[Job continues]

The next point is the committee market. We did not have to put any money into that. We already talked about the promotion, and we will try to promote it more. Then the unforeseen costs. We scheduled 200 euros for that.

*Elsze*: How do you calculate it?

*Job*: I based most of my budget on the budgets of earlier years. This was the amount I was able to put in. It would have been more if we had more money for it.

[Job continues]

We decided that since the second-years did not really have an activity, that we would sponsor some of the money for the activity. There will still be an entry fee, but it would not cover all the costs. The budget is raised compared to last time, because we have gotten more sign-ups.

*Niek*: I think 180 euros for an activity for only one year is a bit much.

*Job*: We agreed as a board that we wanted to put a lot of effort into the second-years. We got a lot of sign-ups and we wanted to keep the bar low pricewise. If we would have made it 10 euros, we could have gotten less sign-ups.

*Niek*: What do you aim to get out of this activity?

*Job*: More exposure of Babylon to the second-years. In the list of sign-ups, we saw a lot of names that we have not seen before during activities. I think it worked well.

*Sanni*: As for me being a second year, I have discussed it with my fellow classmates from the second-year. Last year, they did not really feel heard by Babylon. We discussed with the board that we wanted to give them extra attention. What we really heard from the second-years is that they would like to connect and do something with Babylon. We are hoping to get some more active members. We hope to get them excited, since last year most things were online.

*Niek*: Have you proposed this to the university? Since they did not have a proper Orientation Week.

*Job*: Officially they have had an Orientation Week.

*Niek*: If you give some good arguments, they could give you some money.

*Job*: Good idea, thank you.

*Lieke*: SOFv initially proposed to host a Second-Year Activity, so maybe you could ask them?

*Elsze*: The university has a certain amount of money that you can ask for if it is in some way related to the wellbeing of students. If you argue it really well, you might get some money for it.

*Sanni*: Should we contact the Secretary or you?

*Elsze*: You can contact me.

*Dylan:* I get your reasoning for this. But next time consider that the Ski Trip and Orientation Week are activities for multiple days. This activity is only one afternoon, so it is not really in balance.

*Job:* Yes, I will take that into account.

[Job continues]

I could go to the results, but they are wrong as we have seen. I would like to apologise for the mistakes. I hope to make sure that there are no more mistakes next time. We can go to the questions.

*Niek:* I have a question for all of you. Have you thought about raising the contribution?

*Anna:* Yes, we have talked about it, but it has to be voted in. So, we are planning to add that to the House Regulations and let people vote on it during the Semi-Annual GMM.

*Niek:* Why would you raise it?

*Anna:* The budget is really tight with how much money we have left. There is not much space to create extra activities and we are always on a tight budget. It is only 1 euro more per person and we do not think 15 euro is a really big difference from 14 euros.

*Niek:* So, the idea is to raise the money?

*Job:* Yes. The last two years the income has decreased. We still have to discuss all the ins and outs.

*Dylan:* I agree on doing this. We have been charging 14 euros for I do not know how long. You want to keep offering the same quality, but everything is getting more and more expensive. It is impossible to not raise it. You do not want to raise it every year, but when it gets a problem like it is now, it should be considered.

*Job:* Yes, and it would mean an extra 500 euros. We did not think it was appropriate to vote for it at this GMM. Unfortunately, it will not apply to our year, but it will help for next year.

*Niek:* I have an announcement. Are you going to talk about what you have arranged with the Till Committee?

*Job:* We have made an arrangement with the Till Committee that we are going to do checks more often. So, the Till check will be four times a year instead of two times. I will give a monthly update on what we spend, so the Till Committee knows what is going on all the time, so they can intervene on time when something should be fixed.

*Dylan:* I think Anna should play a bigger part in the finances, because at the end the Chair bears the ultimate responsibility of everything. Include that the Chair can see Conscribo and gets taught by the Till Committee.

*Max:* Make sure that one more person than you knows about the financial situation, most of the time that is the Chair.

*Dylan:* The Chair should be able to check everything, so also Conscribo and the Rabobank.

*Anna:* Should the Chair also be included in the Till Committee?

*Niek:* We can add you to the group chat.

*Max:* If you give the Conscribo training to the next Treasurer, also give that to the next Chair.

*Elsze:* You should be very careful with this, because there is a new change in the law that says that the Chair and the Treasurer should not work too closely together. Be aware of that. Maybe give a different board member that position.

*Job:* Does that also go for study associations?

*Elsze:* Yes, it does.

*Dylan:* Maybe check the law first and then make a decision.

*Anna:* We will discuss this during our board meeting.

### **Vote on Financial Report '21- '22**

Total number of voters: 8 + 6

Votes in favour: 3

Votes against: 5

Withhold: 6

Blanc vote: 0

*Max:* That is only because of the inconsistencies in the Financial Report. Besides that, it is a good report

*Job:* I understand that completely. I am not offended by this.

*Max:* No of course, but then you know that it has nothing to do with the rest of the Financial Report.

*Job:* Yes, I fully understand.

This means that we will have an Additional General Member Meeting.

### **W.C.T.M.**

-

### **Question round**

*Dylan:* Make sure that the Additional General Member Meeting is planned soon. Do not wait for another 3 months.

### **Closing**

Anna thanks everyone for attending the Financial General Member Meeting.

Anna closes the meeting at 9.28 pm.